Chailey Windmill

Type:Windmill

Mill Lane, North Chailey, Lewes, East Sussex, BN8 4EG
Chailey Windmill

Book Tickets Online

About

Situated on Red House Common, this heritage smock mill is open to the public and well worth a visit. The mill itself was the seventh on this site and was built in 1836, putting in service at West Hoathly and Newhaven before being moved to Chailey. It was a working mill until the 1930s. Also known as Beard’s Mill, it is a Grade-II listed building and houses a rural life museum.

Map & Directions

Opening Times

Season (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)

* The mill museum is open to visitors regularly on the last Sunday of each month from April to September, 3-5 pm, plus special occasions by arrangement

Don't Miss

Don't Miss

Don't Miss

Don't Miss

Don't Miss

Don't Miss